Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Walking Down Memory Lane With My BFF

Jennifer and I have been friends since we were 12. We both can still vividly recount the day she walked up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Jenny J., I'm Rebecca's cousin." Our friendship struggled on and off in our teen years and stalled for a few years in early adulthood as we tried to figure out who we were. We reconnected several years ago and she has been a wonderful friend and support. We don't talk as much as we'd like, but she's always there when I need her and I'm so thankful for that.

So anyway, in high school, like typical girls, we passed notes back and forth constantly. Early on, we decided to get binders and keep the notes so we could read them together at our reunion. We didn't do that (although we did have a good time at our pathetic reunion). While I was home, my parents had me go through the last of my "memory boxes" to sort and then take home. How sad - no more free storage!!! I dug out Jennifer's notebooks and took them to her house for our play date. Our kids had a great time playing while we sat on the couch and read the notes. We laughed and cried and we remembered so many silly things. To recap our high school years, we were always tired and bored. Everything around us was stupid. We worried way too much about our hair (to perm or not to perm, that was the question - hey, it was the 80s). And we were boy crazy although neither of us dated much.

So, Jen, thank you for always being there for me. You are the best!!! Smile cause U Be - I Be - We Be and the answer is G. Memories (whatever that meant???)!

No comments:

Post a Comment