Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Plants Make Me Happy

Since I am not "doing" anything today, I decided to let the kids play outside for a while this morning. I got bored throwing the ball with Caden (he can actually hit it with his baseball bat - I'm impressed) and decided to get my camera to take pictures of my flowers and veggies. I've flower gardened for a while, but have never attempted to grow vegetables. It's a little intimidating. I am so glad we tried it this year. I've really enjoyed it and now that we can enjoy the fruits (or veggies) of our labor, it's really cool. I cooked zuccini last night and I loved knowing that I had grown it from a seed. It made it taste so much better. We picked another this morning along with a few cucumbers. The girls ate half of a cucumber with lunch. Allie and I picked the first ripe tomatoes yesterday. They were perfect. Dan and the kids ate the peaches we had left and said they were really good. I'm going to have a vegetable garden from now on!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to grow a veggie garden myself. We've done a little here and there, but never a full on garden devoted just to that. I do have an apple tree, but it's seen better days (especially this year!). Hmmm ... wonder what I can plant this time of year?

    ReplyDelete