Today was a fun, busy day. Allie woke us up about 6:00. I have no idea how long she'd been up, but I do know she'd eaten a small box of yogurt covered raisins and played with her dolls.
Caden and
Jaelyn were up shortly after me and we started our day. By 9:00, we had eaten breakfast, gotten dressed, picked up and played with
legos on the porch. Our morning consisted mainly of errands. We took our loose change to the piggy bank (AKA our bank) and visited Dr. Karen and Miss
Mabra.
Caden was shy once again, but he warmed up quickly to
Mabra when she let him type on her typewriter. After our visit,
Baba took us to
Kohls. The kids totally scored on dresses, shirts and flippy floppies.
Our cousin, Caleb has been out of town and we were finally able to see him at Grandmothers. That caused quite the excitement. Grandmother had us drop the kids off with her for lunch and then Dan and I escaped to lunch at Sonny's (another one on my list :p). After lunch, we picked everyone up and headed to Caleb's house to swim in his pool. We had a ball.

Allie was fearless jumping off the diving board. She swam underwater most of the time with her
floaties, but one time, she shook her
floaties off after jumping in and swam to the ladder.
Jaelyn kept her
floaties on, but she did practice swimming and floating on her back. She made it up and down the length of the pool several times.

Caden was very brave and jumped from the diving board. He had a lot of fun playing on a shark float and laying on Caleb's boogie board.


We totally wore the kids out. Allie and
Caden fell asleep on the way home around 3:30 and slept till 6:30.
My parents fed the kids dinner and (tried to) put them to bed. Dan and I went to dinner with our friends, Rich and Jennifer. I probably haven't laughed as hard as I did tonight since the last dinner we had with them. Jen and I have been friends since middle school and we met Rich in college. We don't have that many "couple" friends and I love that Dan and Rich have things in common and enjoy visiting like Jen and I do. We ate a wonderful dinner at
Carrabas and then moved down the street to The Melting Pot for dessert. We had quite a show with our Turtle Flambe Fondue.

I didn't get on the treadmill today and I need to make it a priority tomorrow or I'm going to be a blimp before I get home. Tomorrow is lunch at Moe's and then popcorn at Wall-E!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment