I've been trying to stay caught up with everything we've been doing, but it seems like an impossible task. I don't think we've stopped since we've been here. Today was supposed to be a "down day," but we did a huge Walmart shopping trip that sucks all the energy out of you. After lunch, the kids helped my parents and I fill up over 100 water balloons for Jaelyn's party on Saturday. We also let them try out the new racing slip 'n slide with two lanes and play with the water rockets. After that, I finished up the painting on my parent's bathroom cabinet (I'll share more about that in another post) and it's only 3:30.
So anyway, two days ago...on Tuesday evening, Joan and Caleb came over and we all went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Allie was a little unhappy that she couldn't go into the play area, but we were in a hurry to get to the bowling alley to meet Caleb's youth group. We haven't been bowling since we moved from Florida and the kids have missed it, I'd say. Caden got so excited for his turn every time. He used the ramp to push the ball down. Caden won for his lane because he was playing with the bigger boys who were all bowling regularly. Jaelyn and Allie both tried to bowl without the ramp. They mostly threw their balls down the lane, but at least their balls stayed in their lane. I remember one time last year when one of them threw their ball into the lane next to ours. The kids played two full games and were ready for bed when we were done. Bedtime was perfect and I was very thankful we were able to wear them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment