I bet my dad is wishing I had stayed him because I am causing him so much extra work. My parents have done so much to update there house and one of the first things they did was the guest bath. Well, that was in the early 90s so it’s a little out of date now. Very, light, bright and white. I suggested to my mom that we get her a new shower curtain, rip down her border and that she let me paint. In addition to that, she also decided we should rip out the baseboards and replace them with the taller ones they’ve put everywhere else in her house. And while we are at it, we should replace the light fixture as well.
The border came down in 30 seconds literally. They put it on semi-gloss without priming it so it was no trouble. The baseboards were a different matter. They glued them on so we had to use an exacto knife and a pry bar to rip the boards off. I thoroughly enjoyed ripping them off. The only problem is that I pulled a little faster than my dad cut so we ripped the sheet rock up just a little – it’s nothing that a little glue and spackle can’t fix :p. My parents are off in search of a light fixture for my dad to change out tonight. I start painting tomorrow!
My parents have also been wanting to rip out the row of cabinets over their kitchen bar for as long as I can remember. They’ve finally decided to do it, but needed a little motivation. Well, I was closing one of there glass doors the other day and a bowl fell out at me. I dropped the door to catch the bowl and the door slammed, breaking the glass in the process. I felt horrible, but within the next day, my dad had all the door fronts off the cabinet. The next step – more demolition!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment