Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Roughing It In Style

My parents camp in style and I mean STYLE. I am currently sitting in air conditioning, watching Enchanted, eating warm, fresh baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and connected to the internet with WiFi. There is no way I could do that tent thing. A 36 foot motor home is the way to do it! They even have a rug for outside under their "dining canopy."

Dan took the kids to his mom's house this morning for play and a visit while I helped my parents pack their motor home. I dropped him off at the airport after lunch and we followed my parents in their motor home to a campground in Alabama. I'm impressed with the campground, not that I've spent a lot (or any) time camping since I was little in my parents pop up tent camper. This place has a playground, a train, an indoor pool, and a man-made lake with a small white sand beach. We spent a couple hours getting set up when we got here this afternoon and then rode the train around the campground. That was fun, but we won't be doing that again. There was black sooty stuff on all the seats that we now have on our clothes.
After the train ride, we played around the camp site. Dad tried to get his kite up, but there wasn't enough wind. Caden fell in the effort and ended up with a gravel scraped up knee. Poor guy. Baba did a good job of doctoring him up. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and it was delicious. I think I've eaten out too much. It was good to have a home cooked meal.

We played on the playground a little and then walked around the lake. We are now settled into bed watching a movie while I keep my blog updated.



No comments:

Post a Comment