Thursday, July 10, 2008
Bathroom Redesign
Yesterday, Wednesday was my bathroom redesign day. What started as just repainting turned into much, much more. The bathroom is beautiful now. Joan was awesome and watched the kids all day for me. I sanded and painted the walls two times with a light creamy tan called Navajo White that we pulled out of the stripes on the shower curtain. Once we had the walls painted, we knew we had to paint over the ultra-pure white on the cabinet. We picked a beautiful brown that looked just like a melted hershey bar. I worked hard to resist the urge to lick my fingers! Three coats of paint later, we were ready to put the doors and drawers back, complete with new hardware. My dad replaced the light fixture with a more up-to-date one that gives the bathroom a warm, spa like glow. I borrowed a picture from the hall to hang on the wall and painted the clock frame to match the cabinet. After that, we added new towels and a bath mat and my parents now have a beautiful bathroom that blends with the rest of their house.
We redid my parents bedroom before we moved a year and a half ago. The only thing we never did was find something to go over their bed. I bought these wall words for Mother's Day for my mom, but she waited until I came home to let me put them up. Sorry, you can't see the rest of the room, but her bed wasn't made :p.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment