This was so much fun! My parents are talking remodeling again and have decided to redo the kitchen. The plan is to turn their U shaped kitchen into more of an open space by taking out the cabinet above the bar and turning the bar into an island. To make sure they would like it, they wanted to live without the top cabinet for a while.
My dad decided it was time to get to demolition right after Caden and Mom laid down for naps and I got to help. He wouldn't let me use a sledge hammer like on Flip This House, but I did get to use a hammer and pry bar. We got the cabinet down in pieces without too much fuss. It feels like being in my kitchen now. I think they'll like it.

My dad decided it was time to get to demolition right after Caden and Mom laid down for naps and I got to help. He wouldn't let me use a sledge hammer like on Flip This House, but I did get to use a hammer and pry bar. We got the cabinet down in pieces without too much fuss. It feels like being in my kitchen now. I think they'll like it.
MUCH BETTER! We JUST did that to our kitchen as well (I swear I have pics on my blog about it...but it's not done being painted yet though, so maybe I don't)! Our kitchen is IDENTICAL to that one too - severe lack of cupboard space, but well worth that open feel! Good work!!
ReplyDelete