The trip home was long, long, long, long, long. I honestly wasn't sure we'd ever make it.
We left Florida on Friday planning to have lunch with Uncle Clifford in Atlanta and then drive into South Carolina to stop for the night. We made pretty good time getting to Atlanta and had a wonderful visit and lunch with Clifford. I wish we could have stayed longer. We loved getting to see Clifford and the kids had a ball playing with his dog Patches. I think that was the first time they met her.
We were pretty worn out the rest of the afternoon. The kids were not happy in their seats so we stopped somewhere in north Georgia for the night. It took forever for everyone to settle down and go to sleep. I'm not sure I ever did. The bed was too hard.
The next morning, we were up around 7 and had breakfast at the hotel. We got all of our stuff out of the room, loaded everyone up and headed off. About 20 minutes later, I realized Dan and I are dumb bunnies. We set the cooler and the kids' coloring books on the sidewalk in front of the car while we were trying to get everyone clicked. Dan and I had a small tiff while buckling Jaelyn's seat belt (who knows why or what about), but we both got in the car and left without looking up apparently. I hope someone enjoys the cooler and coloring books! Silly.
We drove from about 8:30 am to 9 pm. I've never been so glad to see our house before. Dan drove the entire way until we got to the airport to pick up his car. The kids were unhappy and restless. They fought over movies and toys. Did I mention it was a long, long, long, long, long drive???? I know I sad this when we moved, but I have no intentions of doing that again any time soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment