Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Schmozzle


First thank you, Thelma, for permission to use your word and your picture. I'm so glad you still like me. We missed you at breakfast the other day :).

  • We picked up new foster kittens on Wednesday. We have Dino, Margie and Lily. We've had stinker Dino and sweet little Margie before. Lily is a miniature version of Dino. When we went to pick them up, we met the woman who adopted Reilly so the kids got to see him and learn about his new home. Jaelyn walked away saying "I'm glad Reilly got adopted to a good home." You wonder why we are doing it...sweet lovable kitties and wonderful life lessons for my children.

  • Teacher assignments came in the mail yesterday. My email and phone lines have been busy seeing what friend will be in whose class. Jaelyn has Mrs. D along with her friends Gabrielle and Heather. Allie has Mrs. F (who everyone says is WONDERFUL) with 2 girl scout friends and her future husband (refer to previous post). I can't wait to go to Open House next Friday to meet the teachers and see the rest of the class list.

  • We don't know what our future holds YET, but as of right now, the 20th is taking Dan off their books as of February so we'll be getting orders to somewhere, USA. It's time to start thinking about getting our house ready to sell which means the big eye sore in our backyard had to go. The playset that took Dan 2 days to build has weathered badly. It was inexpensive when we bought it because we knew it only had to last a short time, but it turned out to be cheaper than cheap. It was so rickety that we took the swingset down a month or so ago. It took us 2 hours to take the play fort and slide down last weekend. Jaelyn helped me cut some of the longer pieces down today so they'll fit in our car. To the dump we will go tomorrow followed by a trip to Home Depot for sod or grass seeds to fill the gaping sand pit.

  • I made my 3rd batch of strawberry jam of the summer last night. We've either eaten or given away the rest. This morning I was worried I'd made 5 - 1/2 pints of strawberry ice cream topping, but it seems to be "jelling" more now. I'm never buying jam in the store again. Home made is so much better. Sure it has a ton of sugar (just like store bought), but there's no artificial flavoring, coloring or HFCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment