Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner's on the Grill after a Fun Day

What a fun filled day we had today! Dan had an "organization day" at work. We've only been to a handful of them and usually they aren't very fun. I don't know any of the wives, the kids don't know any of the kids and there's usually not a lot to entertain us. Well, today was different. It seems lately I've met several ladies whose husbands work with Dan and they were all there; so I had someone to chat with and the kids had friends to play with. I loved watching Allie and her girl scout buddy, Macy, run to each other and hug like they hadn't been together for months (well I guess it has been a few months). The fire department was there with their "smoke house" and a bounce house. I've never been inside a smoke house before, but they took the kids through and talked about fire safety, then they filled the house with smoke and the kids had to practice getting out safely through a window. It was very educational and very fun. The highlight of the day had to be the tattooer (is that a word?). They had an air brush tattoo booth. The kids' arms and legs were covered by the time we left.






We came home and I put dinner on the grill. I loved having no pots and pans to clean up afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment