Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jam-Packed Week

I wanted to do so much more this week, but it just didn't happen. We stayed pretty busy, however.

Monday, we headed out for our last day at the pool. It was a cool , almost fall, feeling day with a perfect blue sky. The water felt like ice to me and I was determined to sit and read my book without getting wet. Unfortunately, Caden threw his Pokemon in the 12' end and it went straight to the bottom. I bet you are wondering if the kids can go that deep. No, they can not! Mommy's help was required to retrieve the treasured toy. In hindsight, I should have gone to Five Below and bought him a new one rather than being cold and wet for the rest of our stay.



Tuesday was a cold, rainy day so we decided to head to the movies to see Nanny McPhee Returns. We got there just in time to get seats together in the cramped movie theater. The movie wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but it was fun. We laughed and ate popcorn and had a fun, rainy afternoon!

Wednesday was pretty and cool again so we headed to Mariner Point Park with our bikes. We haven't been bike riding since our fateful day to the library. Allie did great and didn't run into anything. She apparently did a little more damage to her bike than we thought at the pond, but I was able to fix it without too much trouble. We looped the park twice and played on the playground.

On our first loop, we stopped at all the fishing docks. We found a mother duck and her 3 ducklings. They were fun to watch while we fed them pieces of our crackers.



Thursday morning we hung out with the kittens.
Then we had lunch with Dan. It was fun to meet him. We should have done that more this summer, but we didn't. After lunch we attended a school supply give away with Dan's command. A private company they work with had a supply drive and collected a room full of school supplies. I was amazed at the amount of stuff. I've never taken the kids, but I did this time and I'm so glad I did. Several representatives from the company were they and they really enjoyed seeing the kids picking out their supplies rather than the parents grabbing a few things to take home. I with I had held off on buying supplies. They had just about everything we needed. We brought home a ton of stuff to refill supplies throughout the year and give us a head start on school supplies for next year. I didn't take pictures, but the base had a photographer there so as soon as they are posted, I'll share.

We are still undecided about sweet little Margie. My heart wants to keep her, but my head knows better. IF we keep her, she'll become Ziva! Look at how sweet she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment