This week has flown by. I had it packed pretty full. We did Kilgore Falls on Monday and had lunch with friends at Freddie's and Caden's soccer practice on Tuesday. Then Wednesday, we headed to Ikea for our last breakfast of the summer. We've been meeting Kelley and Karon at Ikea since we moved here for the shopping, .99 breakfast and free childcare. It doesn't seem like that long ago that Caden and Eric were having to get measured to get in and now all the big kids are going to school. Smalland sure has been good to us! Thursday, Leslie and her gang met us at the base pool. The kids had a ball playing, especially Macy, Caden and Jaelyn who spent most of their time squeezed into an intertube made for 1.
And I know I keep writing about how good the lifeguards are with the kids, but they really are. Mr. Dan (aka Mr. Silly) missed our swim test on Monday because he was sky diving for his birthday. His mom put a parachute man on his birthday cake. He had heard us talking about someone else's parachute pool toy and how we wanted one. He gave his parachute man to my kids. We haven't been to the pool all week. I bet he brought just waiting for us to come. Good kids (yes, I feel old saying that, but that's what they are compared to middle aged me - blech).
Anyway, today we went to Jaelyn's friend's house to swim. Jaelyn and Heather are going to be in the same class AGAIN (3rd year in a row - they are so excited).
Heather's younger brother, Lucas, is Allie's age and he will be in Allie's class. They really hit it off playing today and in the middle, they came to me and Suzanne to tell us they are going to get married when they grow up. Better watch out, Alex.
No comments:
Post a Comment