Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day!

I've been looking forward to and dreading this day for weeks. How can a day be so bittersweet? The kids were all up at 6:20. By 7:00, I was showered and ready to face the day. Everyone had a good breakfast (Caden even ate some scrambled eggs) and happily got ready. I'm proud to say that the kids didn't even bulk when I reminded them to make their beds. They've been making their own beds for about a month and I love it. They enjoyed coloring their signs and then we headed outside for pictures!

I can't believe Jaelyn is a big 3rd grader. It seems like just yesterday I was bawling as I put her on the bus for the first time. And I thought that day was hard. I don't even want to think about tomorrow, the bus, and Caden yet! Jaelyn is excited about 3rd grade. My prayer is she'll continue to mature and be able to control her social butterfly so that she can focus on doing well in school!

Allie-ballie in 2nd grade - again, how is that possible? Seems like just yesterday kindergarten teacher Miss B was calling on the 2nd day of school with behavior problems. My prayer for Allie is that she'll be able to slow down and focus on her work. She is smart and does so well not focusing. Can you imagine how well she'll do if she does. She's on ADHD medicine and we saw such an improvement in the spring and summer. I hope that'll continue into this school year!


My little man is going to kindergarten. He seems excited; although after a few minutes outside taking pictures, he was ready to go inside to his pokeman TV show. He's in for a rude awakening tomorrow. It's going to be a long exhausting day. My prayer is he makes new friends, loves his teacher and will look forward to going to school everyday!


And me...my prayer for me, that I don't spend my week crying LOL. Seriously, I feel like my life is about to change so drastically, like I'm at a huge crossroads. I've been nothing but a mom for 7 years. It's time to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I'm looking forward to getting our house ready to sell and volunteering at the school. I'm also thinking of volunteering with Luna's House (the organization we are fostering kittens for).

We have a new bus number, bus stop and bus driver this year. I got the biggest laugh when the bus pulled up and Richard McSwain was driving it. Well, he wasn't really Richard, but he could have been his twin.

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting to hear how your day went!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your back to school routines - photos with the teachers, grade number signs etc. Come February I'm just going to steal your ideas, ok ;)

    ReplyDelete