Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Containing Polly

I am in a constant struggle to contain Polly. She likes to spread her things out. She has a huge house, yet prefers to store her clothing in her yard. She has more outfits than Dan, the kids and I do combined. I won't even discuss her shoe collection. It's astronomical and she can never find a matching pair. Polly also has a ton of friends who are always at her house, even though they have perfectly nice houses next door. They like to park their cars and boat in the middle of the floor. It's a hazard, I tell you.

I've tried everything I can think of to contain Polly: open bins, closed bins, sorters with little slots for each accessory. Nothing has worked. The last time I went into the basement, Polly and her stuff was taking up a 5 x 5 foot section of the floor and quickly spreading out further. I decided something needed to be done.

Polly backed me into a corner. I had no choice left...so I backed her into a corner!! Ha, take that Polly! No more sprawling suburbs for Pollyville!



Next up, drawers! I don't know if Polly will stay, but we'll see. There's now a drawer for Polly, for her clothes and for her shoes, accessories and little friends. (BTW - that's only half the Polly collection. The rest is in a big bucket in the storage closet)



I did some furniture reorganization in Polly's house so she can find everything.

The finished results...Polly's Puppet Master is very Happy!!!


1 comment:

  1. I have the perfect answer to Polly. Honey, our dog, eats any and every Polly Pocket piece she can find, even Polly herself. I won't tell you where I find Polly out in the yard.....

    ReplyDelete