Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Her Beautiful Smile

A year ago, Jaelyn had finally gotten enough of her permanent teeth so we could find an orthodontist and fix her cross bite.


It only took about 4 weeks with "Cranky" the expander in her mouth to expand her arch and line her teeth up.



Finally, Dr. G declared her teeth perfect last month and scheduled her debanding for today!



I took a picture of Cranky to show you what's been in her mouth, but it was kind of gross so I won't be posting it. They offered to let us take it home, but "no, that's okay." Apparently, some of their patients do things like put them in baby boxes and make Christmas ornaments out of them. Now, I'm into teeth, but that's a little too far, even for me.

Here's Jaelyn this afternoon. She has a clear retainer that you can't even see. She'll get her permanent one that fits into the roof of her mouth next month.




She's always had a beautiful smile that lights up a room, but now, wow! Gorgeous!


PS If anyone in my area is hunting an orthodontist, Dr. Godwin has an amazing practice. I wish we were going to be here for the long haul so he could fix everyone's teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment