I learned how to knit a few months ago. Since then, I've discovered that I do like to knit. It's a craft that can be taken with me to do while sitting on the swing watching the kids play. I can sit on the couch and listen to the TV while I knit (I can't watch the TV - knitting definitely requires my eyes). I cannot knit while riding in the car. I tried it on our car trip and got very queasy. The most important thing I've learned lately is that I'm a small project knitter. I can handle scarves, head scarves and hats. I can't do baby blankets. I really tried to make our new child a beautiful basket weave blanket. I spent hours and hours knitting and only had about 7 inches to show for my effort.

I have
conceded defeat and Jaelyn's cat now has a warm, cozy scarf to keep her warm this winter. Maybe I'll make her a hat to match!

So I'm off to Joann's to buy fabric. A baby quilt is definitely something I CAN do (and have done for each of the kids).
No comments:
Post a Comment