Allie bugged me all morning..."When do I get to go to school?" One o'clock took so long to get here. We dropped
Caden off at a friend's house and then headed to school. I feel much better about her teacher today than I did on Friday. She seemed so young and inexperienced on Friday. Today, I'd say she's a few years out of college. It makes me feel much better to know that this is not her first year teaching. There's so much to learn that first year and kids get lost in the cracks (speaking from experience). I don't want Allie to be one of those kids.
We met half of Allie's class. They seemed to all listen and follow directions or maybe that's just because they were scared and their parents were watching. My biggest worry is Allie getting to and from her room and the bus. I'm going to ask
Jaelyn to walk Allie to her classroom the first day and pray someone helps Allie find her bus in the afternoon.




I did run into
Jaelyn's teacher in the hall and she told me
Jaelyn was having a good day.
Jaelyn also reported having a good day. She says she likes Mrs.
Meerholz and is really excited that her friend Catherine is in her room. Liam didn't talk to her today, apparently (I couldn't resist asking).
I think the hardest part of the week will be tomorrow morning when I put Allie on the bus and watch it drive away. I was fine with
Jaelyn today, but there's something about sending your
Kindergartener to school for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment