(Allie wandered into Jaelyn's picture making Jaelyn very unhappy. I promised to crop Allie out)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Meet the Teachers
Today was Open House at the girls' school. When I was teaching, I know I looked young and I used to get questions like "Are you sure you're old enough to be teaching?" It drove me crazy because I knew I was the same age as some of the parents. I didn't ask Allie's teacher if she was old enough to be teaching, but she looked so young to me. She was nice and Allie was excited about her room. She couldn't believe there were dolls and clothes. All she wanted to do was dress them. She even asked if we could come back tomorrow so she could play. We only know 1 other little girl going into kindergarten at the school, but she's not in Allie's class. I'm disappointed. I was really hoping she would be. Allie's class is right across from Jaelyn's last year and Jaelyn's is in the hallway leading to the kindergarten rooms. They'll be close which for some odd reason makes me feel better about sending Allie off to school.
I was happy to walk into Jaelyn's room and recognize one of our neighbors and their son. Jaelyn's friend, Catherine, is sitting across from her right now and (drum roll please) Jaelyn's former love is sitting across the room. That's right...Liam. She actually didn't recognize him. She asked me who he was and I had to tell her. He's gotten bigger since June and when we got to the car, she asked me what he did this summer to make him so much bigger than her. Too funny. He's a boy! Anyway, apparently, that crush has ended and I'm sure we'll have a new love by Wednesday. Her teacher is very nice and apparently lives somewhere behind us.
(Allie wandered into Jaelyn's picture making Jaelyn very unhappy. I promised to crop Allie out)
(Allie wandered into Jaelyn's picture making Jaelyn very unhappy. I promised to crop Allie out)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok - I didn't think A's teacher looked that young...but J's?? My goodness I feel old seeing her!
ReplyDeleteSo are you or the girls more excited about school? ;)
Maybe it was the way they acted. Allie's teacher is new to the school (I don't know if she's a new teacher). She seemed nervous - like I did when I first started. Jaelyn's teacher has been there a few years and she just seemed more settled and at home in her room.
ReplyDeleteLol. They both look like teens. And Jaelyn's teacher looks like she could join your family with ease. Lol. Maybe you should consider adopting her??? :P But you might have to rethink the bassinet if you do.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Allie's starting school without any of her home haircuts!. Her hair looks pretty. Jaelyn's, too but she's managed to escape those home haircuts. Mom
ReplyDelete