Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday Soup and MY Tomatoes

Ohhh, the kids have made me mad. Yesterday, Allie ripped a huge branch off my butterfly bush. The kids wanted to play outside again today. I warned them if they even 'touched' one of my plants, they would ALL be losing 30 tickets (that's a lot of tickets when they need 100 for a special prize tomorrow). I let them go outside and they played nicely for a bit. I could hear them and was checking on them often. THEN it got quiet. I went out to check and every single tomato was gone off my tomato plants. Allie ate the red ones (there were at least 10 that would have been ripe in the next few days) and then they picked the 30+ green ones and put them in their sand box. It rained yesterday and the lid wasn't on the sand box so it's full of water. They also gathered up grass and leaves that were in their "bug buckets" and dumped that into the pot. When I went out, Allie was standing on the edge of the sandbox stirring it with a bat. I didn't find out who's birthday it was before I marched their little hineys inside. They've all lost their 30 tickets. No one seemed to mind too much, but tomorrow when the Little Pet Shop lip gloss, the mouse princess and the frog prince are all still in MY prize bucket, I think there may be some issues. That's what they get for pulling all of the tomatoes off my plants!!!! Arrghh! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment