Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grocery Shopping With One

Dan and I jumped into the deep end of parenting without knowing how to swim. I've always envied my friend who did it one kid at a time. They had time to get their feet wet and get used to the water while I've barely had a chance to come up for air. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but 0-2 instantly and then adding a third 13 months lately was really hard work and a little bit crazy! I've always dragged my kids with me where ever I went. I haven't had the luxury of babysitters (well, I did for that 18 months, but I tried really hard to not abuse it). It was great going from three to two when out shopping last year. Well, let me tell you...two to one is even easier!

Caden and I went to the commissary this morning and I must admit I've been looking forward to it all summer (after shopping with three). With two, I usually could make it out in under an hour with $200 worth of food, but I would leave feeling like I'd run across rush hour traffic. Very stressed! Today it took me an hour and a half. We leisurely wandered up and down the aisles. I took time to look at prices and go through my coupons. I even back tracked for items I missed. I left feeling relaxed which is something I haven't felt when grocery shopping in a very long time. I think I'm going to like this one kid thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for leaving the grocery store relaxed! Was wondering how you were enjoying your day today! Hope that this morning wasn't too hard on you or Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your day was good but you didn't tell us how Allie's went after she got on the bus. I'm waiting to hear. Can you believe I'm up on reading for a change? I'll be waiting.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete