For you non-military readers...I'm referring to "deployment."
We received a phone call on Friday night that has totally ruined our weekend. Danny was supposed to be leaving Tuesday for a 4 week TDY to Ft. Hood and Korea. Instead, he was told he'd be staying home since he's been selected to deploy in November for 9 months. Arrghhh...He's only been home 21 months from his last deployment. I know I have no right to complain. This will only be his 2nd time over there when we have friends who have been 3-4 times. It's also 9 months instead of the 12-15 months that other people are spending. We've been blessed and we know it, but we still don't want him to go. To try and stay positive, we are trying to think of it as a compliment. It sounds like an important job and they picked Dan for it. It's not 100%, but he should know something next week.
If he does go, we'll be putting our fostering plans on hold. That makes me really sad, but I am totally aware of my abilities. It'll be a stretch for me with just the 4 of us. There's no way I will be able to manage a child/children coming in and out of our house while juggling court dates, doctor's appointment, visitations and everything I have to do for my own kids.
As with all things, I know God really is in charge and I'm going to leave it in His capable hands! I don't have the energy to do anything else.
So sad. I wish you could come "home" again for his D. Jeremiah 29:11
ReplyDeleteKelly, Like I told you, we'll be there for you. I still think my Christmas plans are good ones. I'd much rather spend my money on plane tickets than remodeling my kitchen. I'm with Jennifer, I wish you could just run down here for the nine months. Your cats are welcome, too.
ReplyDeleteMom
I too wish that you could go home during the D. But, know that stability for the kids is so important. Brian and I have started praying here. Maybe, just maybe, he will not have to go. If there is anything that you need, just let us know.
ReplyDelete