Sorry to keep you waiting, Mom. I am impressed that you were checking ;).
Caden and I were very anxious to get the girls off the bus yesterday. As soon as Allie came down the steps, Caden ran to her and hugged her saying "I missed you so much today, Allie." It was really sweet.
She said she had a good day. They ate lunch, played at recess, talked about a fire drill, had circle time and had rest time (I'm sure not in that order). There was only one time when she said she cried a little and got sad. She was worried about me. I assured her today that I would be okay and she didn't need to be sad or worry. Jaelyn said she peeked around the corner and watched Allie go into her room without any trouble. They saw each other in the lunch room so I'm sure that made Allie feel good. She didn't make any new friends that she was interested in talking about. That doesn't surprise me though since she's always been pretty good at keeping to herself.
When we asked Jaelyn what she did yesterday, she said she sat all day and went to lunch and recess. "Did you do anything while you were sitting???" "No," she said. I mentioned having to call her teacher and ask why they did nothing yesterday and she quickly started telling us about her math games, number book and the reading they did. Silly girl. I'm afraid this year might be a struggle. She started her day today by whining and crying that she didn't want to go to school. It's only the 3rd day. I convinced her she has to finish 1st grade, but she said after that she's done! No more school! Oh dear.
Caden and I are heading to the gym this morning. It'll be his first day by himself. I'm only planning on staying about 30 minutes. I'm going to drop him off with fruit snacks and a lollipop in his pocket (as a reward afterwards to doing well). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll do okay. He got weepy on Monday without Jaelyn there.
No comments:
Post a Comment