Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Ikea Cribs Are Hard to Come By

I've been stalking Ikea employees for the last few weeks. Well, not really stalking, but I have been calling the children's department EVERY day. Earlier in the week, I was finally rewarded with a "they are in transit." Yahoo - 7 blue cribs were on the way, but they couldn't tell me what day. So the calling continued as well as the obsessive website stock checking. Today, I finally got lucky. They weren't in when I called at 10, but when I checked the website after lunch, it showed they had stock!

The kids and I raced to a very busy Ikea. No one was too happy. Smallworld was FULL so the kids couldn't play and then I couldn't find anyone in the crib department to help me. It took more patience than I had, but after 45 minutes, we had a crib loaded in the back of the van and were headed home. Jaelyn did a great job of helping me to assemble it. It looks great in the room. I'm really happy with my choice.

We took the doors off the closet and put the dresser in it to add floor space for the room. The dresser, btw, was my great-grandmother's. Kind of cool!

Caden's side of the room.

The new kid's side of the room. I love the sheets I found. They have little construction vehicles that match wonderfully with Caden's transportation themed bedding!

2 comments:

  1. The room looks great! Looking forward to hearing that you have a little one enjoying the fruit of your labor! Yeah for progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is darling Kelly. Just darling. Now, praying for a dear little boy to fill that precious crib!

    ReplyDelete