Jaelyn lost her bike last week for throwing a humongous tantrum. She was so excited to get it back this week. She doesn't need me at all now. She can start, stop and turn all on her own. She even rode today without her knee and elbow pads.
Allie was excited to see that and quickly put them on while reminding me I told her she could learn once Jaelyn didn't need her pads anymore. We took the training wheels off her bike and we made it up and down the sidewalk once before declaring very loudly "I want me wheels back on. I'll learn when I'm 16." That got quite a laugh out of a teenage girl who was out washing her car nearby. Of course, she meant, "I'll learn when I'm 6," when she's Jaelyn's age. It was funny. She very patiently waited for me to put the wheels back on and I guess we'll try again next summer.
Too cute~
ReplyDelete