Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Smiles All Around

The school counselor called me back this afternoon. She met Allie on Wednesday when she was struggling so much so she knew who she was. She had already checked with her teacher and Allie was having a great day today. 0 meltdowns! We talked about Allie's fear of men and how she could facilitate Allie meeting the special area teachers so it wouldn't be so traumatic on Allie. She's going to spend a few minutes with each teacher and Allie throughout next week. I feel much better and think, with help, Allie can do really well in Kindergarten.

After talking with Mrs. E., I was very excited to get Allie off the bus. She came down the steps with a big smile on her face and immediately told me she had a good day. We high fived and then she went on to say she didn't have to see "the music man." That's not the music teacher's official name of course, but I'm sure it's what Allie will call him from now on. Miss Burriss wrote us a note saying she had a "great" day. I am so proud of Allie. Not only did she earn her first sticker (of 5) towards her mouse princess, she also earned donuts for everyone. She seemed very proud to tell Jaelyn and Caden that we were going to get donuts because she had a good day!

Thank you so much for your prayers. I'll keep you posted next week!

1 comment: