Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

It Tastes Like Summer

I have great memories of home made ice cream growing up...well, actually my most distinct memory is of watching the ice cream maker fly out of the back of my Grandpa's truck and break into a gazillion pieces on the interstate. My cousin, Dawn, and I got into so much trouble because we were supposed to be watching it ~ like we could stop it. I had a good laugh the other night with my family as we teased my Grandpa about it.

So...all the talk of ice cream wouldn't leave my brain. I got out the recipe book from my parent's ice cream maker today and headed to the store for the ingredients to make Strawberry ice cream. The kids brought home blueberries they picked at Granddaddy's house so I made Double Berry Ice Cream.


It was the perfect dessert for a summer day....home made ice cream on almost home made chocolate chip cookies!!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I have fresh cherries waiting to make some summer cherry ice cream. Home made is the super best!

    ReplyDelete