Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

On Our Way to Florida

Today was a pretty good day…as good as spending 9 hours in a car can be. We left Abingdon around 8:30 after a stop at the Red Box, Chick-fil-a and the WaWa for a monsterously large Mountain Dew. Dan’s job for the day was chauffer. Mine was entertainment director and I came prepared. The kids had new movies, new coloring books, activity books, crayons, chapter books, stuffed animals, DSes and games, joke books and madlibs. My job was just to pass them out. I also had a stash of silly bandz (thank you Krissy). With each hour that passed that the kids didn’t complain about being in the car, I gave out a silly band. When we stopped at the hotel, they each had 9 bandz that were threatening to cut off their circulation. I might have to rethink my silly band strategy.

The only thing funny that happened yesterday was in the middle of Virginia. We were stuck in traffic for “grass maintenance” when someone in the next lane over yelled at us and waved. It was a guy Dan works with. He and Dan had a nice conversation as we were idling our way down the interstate. It was one of those random odd things.

About 3, we looked at the map and decided Knoxville would indeed be a good place to stop. I was so anti-smart phone, but I must tell you again, I LOVE IT! I got online, found us a hotel and made the reservations from the road. So cool – I also stayed up to date with Facebook, games, emails, and my message boards from the road :p. Unfortunately, as we pulled up to the hotel, I had picked the one hotel that we’ve stayed in before that was horrible. How in the world I managed that, I have no idea…in all of Tennessee. Anyway, our stay was much better this time. No stinky, smelly room, although our non-smoking room was in the middle of the smoking floor. It’s gotta take a lot of brains to plan that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment