Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

All About the Water

Today has been a wonderful day. We headed to Malbis to meet my Mobile friend, Sarah, and her kids. We had originally planned to go to the Naval Air Museum, but stupid Obama was flying onto the base today. I knew security would be crazy getting on to the base so we didn't even try. Malbis is one of our favorite spots and the place Sarah and I met for the first time (in real life - we were internet friends before that) 5 years ago this summer.

We drove through some rain on our way so I was really worried when we got there. Thankfully, we never had rain, but they had had thunder and turned the fountains off. We sat for 10 minutes before I had the bright idea to fill our buckets up with water from the bathroom and play with our water guns. By the time we were ready for the second refill, the fountain water started flowing and we had a great 2 hours splashing around the water and soaking up the sunshine.

(Caden, Jaelyn, Hope, Allie, Halle and Hudson)

Sarah has truly been a wonderful friend. She's moving from Mobile and it's a little sad because we have no clue where we'll both end up or when we'll see each other again.





We came home and went straight back to playing in the water with Nick and Jared.
Jaelyn blasting Jared
Nick

2 comments:

  1. It is SO hard to see your kids having a blast in the water and sun while I am shivering with my overcoat on in the house! Glad you are having a great time though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I felt about your blog as I was shoveling snow during 3 blizzards last winter.

    ReplyDelete