The kids and I drove down to Destin on Wednesday to spend a few evenings with Dan. We played in the pool until he got home from his class and then we had dinner at Longhorn (it's all about the food, remember?). After dinner, we changed into our bathing suits and headed to the beach. As we were getting set up on the beach, someone came over to tell us to watch the kids near the water because there were tar balls everywhere. It looked like a small animal pooped all along the beach and in the water. TMI I know, but ewwww....it is so sad. With every article I read, it gets worse. The pictures from Pensacola Beach on Thursday were horrible and there's no end in sight.
Dan and I relaxed while the kids played in the sand. The weather was perfect and no one seemed to mind that they couldn't get in the water. The kids had a ball playing in the sand and burying each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment