
My Dad turned 65 today. I took Allie to visit Dr. Karen and Baba who was working to get some advice about Allie's teeth and then I got all 5 kids and took them to
Walmart. It was quite the adventure. I think it deserves a T-Shirt..."I shopped with 5 kids and SURVIVED!" Wow and I thought 3 was an adventure. We bought a cake mix, icing and birthday decorations. After lunch, we sent my Dad to the garage to work on his carving and the kids and I got to work. Everyone helped with mixing cupcake batter and blowing up balloons. There's nothing like tying slobbery balloons 7 year olds blew up. Next, we strung crepe paper all around the living room. Jared was kind enough to hold the rolling chair I was standing in while I was lecturing "Don't even do this on your own. It's not safe." When we were all ready, Nick, my hilarious 8 year old nephew, ran into the garage and told Dad to hurry and help because the house was on fire. 3 minutes later, he casually came in and the kids screamed "happy birthday" to him. It was perfect. We had our own little party for him with his Grandkids before my kids had to go to Grandmother's for a slumber party. Happy Birthday, Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment