Fort Walton Beach has this place called the Gulfarium. My mom says I went when I was very young, but I don't remember it. I've never been as an adult, but thought it might be a place the kids would enjoy. Caleb and Grandmother met us there on Thursday. We had a few stops and starts on the way to the Gulfarium with my keys and a locked car, but it all worked out without help from roadside assistance thankfully. We made it just in time to see the first Sea Lion show.
I wish I could say the shows were awesome and the facilities wonderful, but I can't. The Gulfarium is old and run down. After you've been to places like SeaWorld or the National Aquarium near us, the Gulfarium just doesn't compare. The kids enjoyed it though and that's all that mattered.
We did enjoy the dolphin show once it got started (everything was at least 10 minutes late starting so take that into account if you ever go). Again, not anywhere near as good as the dolphin show at SeaWorld, but the kids ohhh'ed and ahhh'ed as the dolphins flipped around the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment