We had the BEST time today (I know I keep saying that). I recently saw an advertisement for Bass Pro Shop's Summer Camp. We headed back to Malbis today to meet Grandmother and cousin Caleb. We did several activities today. We attented 3 different "workshops" on fishing, archery and animal identification. I'd like to go back and let the kids go through the camping, plant and insect identification and hiking. After listening to a little 20 minute talk, they received pins sort of like our girl scout try-its. You should have heard my kids explaining animal "skat" to my parents over dinner. Skat is poop encase you didn't know. Hilarious.
Outside, they had areas to practice castings and to shoot a BB gun and a compound bow. Caleb, Allie and Caden shot the bow first. Allie and Caden both hit the target. I was impressed.


Allie's arrow is the one on the far left and the one in the middle. Caden's arrow is the one towards the right.

While waiting in line to shoot, the kids practiced casting their lines.

Normally, you have to pay to use the shooting gallery. We never do it, but it was free today so the kids had fun shooting the little targets. Caden weighs as much the gun so he struggled to hold it just a little.

Our last activity was BB gun shooting and that was SCARY. No one hit the target and Allie was pointing all over the place. I know the guy running it was glad to have us leave for the day.
We did this at our Bass Pro too! We had a blast. The guns were the fav in our family. Go figure.
ReplyDelete