Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Morning Cache

My Dad had a doctor's appointment this morning so my Mom and I took my kids and my 2 nephews Geocaching. Nick was excited to go...Jared, not so much. Our first try was in the woods behind a big local church. We followed the geotrail (funny, that's what people call the trails that lead to geocaches) right to the cache. There wasn't even a lot of complaining about the underbrush we had to step over and around.


I was the first to spot the cache because it was barely hidden by decaying sticks. We covered it up much better for the next person.



Coming out of the woods Jared was yelling "This is the most fun I've ever had. Can you do another one?" Dramatic much?!?! We went to another cache nearby and couldn't make the find. There were mosquitoes everywhere and then I stepped into this lovely quick sand-clay boggy area. Nick and Jared pulled me out because my brand new white shoe was stuck.

We will go back again with Uncle Danny, the super Geo-sleuth this weekend!

The rest of the day should be fun for my parents. I'm going to lunch with my McSwain friends and then driving to Destin to have a date night with Dan. They'll have 5 kids until tomorrow afternoon! Say a prayer for Lou and Jeannie - they might just need it! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment