Allie started complaining that her ear hurt to touch it on Sunday night. She woke up several times crying in the night. I had a spa day planned on Monday that I had really been looking forward to. We had planned on the kids going to Grandmother's for a slumber party. In the end, Caden refused to go and Allie cried and wanted to come home with me from Joan's. We talked about taking Allie to the emergency room Monday night, but her ear was hurting worse. I left Allie in the very capable and caring hands of my parents who took her to urgent care. She has a bad case of swimmer's ear. The medicine was $150 in a teeny tiny bottle. It must be powerful stuff. She slept in the bed with me last night and bless her heart, she cried on and off all night. I could only give her tylenol every 6 hours and I filled in with Similasan ear drops which helped to numb the pain. It seems to be a little better now with 2 doses of the powerful medicine. I'm hoping another day or so will make a lot of difference or we might be back at urgent care before we head home this weekend.
I'll update about my spa visit later. It was pina coladalicious!!!! :p
If Allie is prone to swimmer's ear there are a few things you can do to hedge it off. I get it terribly, so for me they are tried and true.
ReplyDelete1st - a few drops of warm garlic oil in each ear after a swim will fight bacteria
2nd - a few drops of water/isoprophyl alchohol will dry up the remaining water.
$150!!! Oh My Goodness! I don't think I have ever had to pay more than $35 ever for anything!
ReplyDelete