Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Perfect Day

4 years ago, I was way over stressed from being a single mom to 3 very small children while Dan was in Iraq and my friend Jennifer was way over stressed from working full-time as a teacher, working on her master's degree and taking care of her 4 children. We planned ourselves a spa day at Serenity by the Sea in Destin to celebrate my surviving a year and her finishing school. It was the perfect day. We've been several times since, but no trip has ever lived up to the perfection of that first trip...until yesterday. Jen's husband, Rich, drove down with us. We had lunch at McCalister's Deli (we even ate the same things - we are so boring) and then Rich dropped us off at the spa. We made reservations for their Pina Colada Special which included a massage, body scrub, facial and pedicure. It was Pina Coladalicious!!! The body scrub is my absolute favorite. If you've never had one, go find a spa and have one. After getting exfoliated from head to toe, I got a 30 minute massage. I've never fallen asleep during a massage before, but I was startled awake several times yesterday. I apparently needed to relax. I could take or leave the facial, but the pedicure was wonderful. My toes are green (Jade is the New Black was the name) and Jennifer's are sparkly pink. She kept telling everyone there was a party on her toes. After our day, we were given gift certificates for Pina Colada's from the Hilton's Beach Bar. It was the perfect way to wrap up our relaxing day at the spa. Rich picked us up and we met Dan for dinner at PF Changs where we had a wonderful dinner with wonderful friends. It was the perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. I showed the doctor and nurses at urgent care this morning the "party on my toes" as they put 4 stitches in my finger. Apparently, I do not know how to open an umbrella. I'm pretty sure they thought I was nuts!

    ReplyDelete