Well shucks! August 16 is no longer the day...it's August 21. I know it's only 4 days, but that's just yucky. They started the 270 days from the day Dan got to Iraq. He has to be out by those 270 days so it'll probably be a littler earlier than the 21st. That's the day I'm sticking with though since I'd rather be excited he's coming home a few days earlier rather than being sad it's a few days later.
Obviously, I've talked to Dan. He called today and is at his base. He got there Saturday??? He has his own room and has been to his office. He seemed in good spirits about his job. AND I'm totally excited to learn he will get 2 weeks leave. He let me pick this time around and I picked for him to come home around Easter so he'll be here for the kids' spring break (and Allie's birthday).
The two weeks vacation is great news! Mom
ReplyDeleteThe two weeks vacation is great news! Mom
ReplyDeleteThat stinks. I was coming here to say- ONE WEEK DOWN! I am glad to hear about the 2 weeks leave. Oh, Kelly....you are a true soldier!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Danny was able to call. Have a great week. joan
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that Dan will have leave, and you can chose when to take it. Something to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteSandi (PAI/HP)