That's what Jaelyn and I are together. I think a lot of it is that we are so much alike in the control area. Dan stands in the gap between us a lot. Last night and this morning were not fun. She won't listen or follow directions and when she does decide to follow directions, she moved at a snail's pace (literally, folks). It makes steam come out of my ears. I'm doing my hardest to keep it together, but I'm afraid I'm going to blow. I spent an hour on the treadmill last night and today I'm going to a balletone class (it's new, but I'm picturing slow stretches and deep breathing). She pitched a major pit again over her coat this morning. I'm thinking of a new sticker chart for "Following Directions the 1st time." That would cover everything from putting on pajamas to not jumping on my bed and brushing her teeth.
Any other ideas??? Prayers that I don't kill her (figuratively of course) or duct tape her to a wall (anyone have that picture anymore) would be much appreciated.
(((((Hugs))))) I am praying for you & your family.
ReplyDelete