Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Something To Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving is over. I knew it was going to be a hard, horrible day and it was. I spent most of the day in tears. That's all over and it's out now (even deleted my pity party blog entry - sorry to anyone who read it). I'm back to reality and dealing with three very silly, exhausting children (one of which throws a whopper of a tantrum). Daily survival is going to be my goal this time around!

Jaelyn threw a huge tantrum on Wednesday evening. It was so bad that I ended up taking her bedroom door off it's hinges after repeated door slammings. She can have it back in a week. I know a lot of her immediate issues probably stem from Dan leaving, but that doesn't help me when I'm in the middle of dealing with them. I've decided it's time to seek the help of a counselor because there's only so many time-outs I can take in the laundry room (with the door closed and the dryer running to drown out the sound of screaming).

In other news, we were able to talk to Danny this morning. What a welcome phone call that was! I miss him like crazy. He's in Baghdad now waiting on a flight on Monday to take him to the base he'll be at for the next 260+ days.

15 days till reinforcements come in the form of Baba and Grandpa.

1 comment:

  1. Thirteen days now!!! You only have to go to Ikea with me once and other than that you can do whatever you want for one month!!!!! Hang on Mom

    ReplyDelete