I have inherited my mom's dislike of Halloween. Not only is it unsafe, but who wants all of that candy in their house. Last year, the kids got 1 piece each and I threw the rest away. What a waste.
This year, I decided to restarted my Mom's tradition. Caden chose not to dress up, but Jaelyn dressed up as a tiger and Allie dressed up as a "lady" with a dress up dress and her hat. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, which is always good, and Jaelyn was beside herself with all the "what a cute cat" comments she got. I swear her head got at least 3 inches bigger. After dinner, we went to Walmart. I gave the kids each $10 (Too bad Baba wasn't here...I definitely won't be telling them I got $20 as a child). Caden started out with a light saber so Daddy could fight with him (we already have one), but put it down so he could buy a new Planet Hero - Gustus from Jupiter. He slept with Gustus last night. Jaelyn picked out 4 small horses complete with stables and Allie picked Jasmine and Belle Polly Pockets. The hit of the night, though, was the box of candy on the way out of Walmart. Everyone got 1 piece and all was right with the world.
Next Halloween, I guarantee we'll be continuing the tradition. Not only were the kids happy, but I didn't gain 5 pounds by eating candy that was meant to give out to trick or treaters!
No comments:
Post a Comment