Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Dentist Appointments

The kids had dentist appointments today and I LOVE the new pediatric dentist we are going to. I love the set up of the rooms, the staff, the dentist (there are 2 in the practice, but we've only seen 1). They put the kids in one room with 3 chairs set out in a triangle. There was a computer console in the middle that was turned depending on who's teeth were being worked on so the records went straight into the computer. The process was so fast, in 30 minutes they were all cleaned, polished, checked by the dentist and getting their prizes from the prize machine.

Everyone did great, even Jaelyn, who had x-rays for the first time. I talked with Dr. Neal about Jaelyn's teeth. We will do sealants on her 6 yr molars on our next visit (they aren't quite in all the way yet) and at that time, we'll talk about her crossbite. He wants her permanent laterals in first (boy are they loose). She has 1 central peaking through. If it doesn't start moving fast, she's going to have a huge hole on top. Caden's hurt tooth looks great. I just need to keep checking the ligaments.

All in all, a very positive experience for everyone! Who knows, maybe my kids will grow up to love dentist appointments as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment