Friday, November 7, 2008
Dancing in the Dark
For a little fun tonight, I dug out one of our favorite activities from Florida, only I added a little twist. In the evenings in an attempt to get the last bit of energy out of the kids, I used to turn on silly music and we'd dance around the playroom. We've only done it a few times in this house and tonight seemed like a good night to be silly and get some energy out before bed. I pulled out a pile of glow sticks from Dan's stash and gave them to the kids. We turned out the lights, turned the music up and had a blast dancing around in the basement. After that, I let the kids have a glow stick lit bath in the big tub (turns out the dancing charged them up instead of tiring them out, but the bath calmed them down). I put them to bed with glow stick night lights. Glow sticks are so versatile. It didn't take long and everyone is fast asleep. What do you think are the chances of them letting me sleep in tomorrow morning???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kelly, I just caught up on all your posts. They make me want to get on a plane today. The video's are wonderful. Tell the kids I'm expecting a lot of songs when we're with them. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteP.S. Tell Allie that BaBa said No Boyfriends till she's 21!!!!!