Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Made it Through Our First Weekend

The weekend actually wasn't too bad. We cried a little, laughed a lot, played games, finger painted, painted with brushes, played with play doh, red books, danced, colored and watched way too much TV. I was ever so thankful to put my two sweet girlies on the bus this morning so I could have a little break. Caden is so laid back and easy on his own.

I should be at the gym this morning working off the pan of brownies I baked and almost completely ate this weekend. Yikes. Instead, I've enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate while catching up on the news and emails. Maybe we'll go to the gym tonight.

The kids have really missed Danny. Resistant to change Allie is especially struggling. Yesterday, she decided Dan had been gone 4 days and we only had 3 to go (um no, honey, he's only been gone 2 days, 5 to go). She wouldn't hear me. The Daddy animals have been a big hit, especially at bedtime, I hear them when all is supposed to be quite. Jaelyn somehow messed hers up and recorded over it so I'm glad Dan will be home on Friday to rerecord her message for her because she is rather upset about it. They also have the build a bear animals from his last deployment so she still has daddy's recording. Caden misses Dan's bedtime "bump" routine, but he's letting me be a substitute. He's taught me how to knuckle bump, hand bump, elbow bump, knee bump, foot bump and leg bump. Silly Caden...Silly Daddy.

4 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment