Caden and I dropped Dan off this morning at the base. Someone will drive him to the airport (we couldn't because he has to take his M16 with him). He'll be at Ft. Benning for a week at CRC (I think that's the name of it) preparing for his deployment. While he's there, his parents are going to drive up to see him and have dinner. I know that'll make Miss Joanie happy ;-).
The kids and I will get a feel for what it's going to be like once he's really gone. I know we are going to be okay...it's just not going to be much fun. Dan will have a week with us and then he'll leave, leave on November 23rd. I'm not quite sure when he'll get to Iraq. He'll have several stops to make enroute to his base. His orders say November 19th and he's been told even though he's not leaving until the 23rd, the 270 days will start counting down on the 19th. Anyone want to count that for me??? Never mind, I goggled a calendar countdown...on or about Aug. 16th, I'll be throwing a party.
No comments:
Post a Comment