Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

We Survived the Week

Hallelujah, it's Friday! We made it through the week. Dan is currently flying high on an airplane enroute from Atlanta to Baltimore! We will all be glad to have him home. And for next week, I think I'm going to be in denial that he's leaving again and just enjoy our time together.

As weeks go, this one was actually pretty good. Yes, I was ready to kill Jaelyn earlier in the week. I even showed her the picture from Wednesday of the duct taped baby and she cried "please don't do that to me." She thought I was serious. Too funny! Anyway, my "follow directions immediately" worked here and there. From Wednesday afternoon on, I'd say she did really well. There was a meltdown this morning, but I just took tickets and left her on her own to "get over it" which she did. Bedtimes have been better - I've just been reading longer until Allie's asleep. Allie seems to be the key. If she's asleep, Jaelyn stays quiet and goes to sleep. If Allie's awake when I go downstairs, they are going to play.

I made it to the gym 3 days this week. I did my own thing on Tuesday while Allie had ballet (treadmill and weights). Wednesday, I took a ballet class that was a killer and totally harder than I was expecting. I felt every muscle in my body yesterday. Last night, I did a low impact aerobics class that helped to stretch my achey muscles out. No aches or pains today. I think the exercise (and free childcare) is going to be my saving grace to save my sanity and my waistline over the next 270 days.

1 comment:

  1. {{Kelly}}
    I fear if my Heather and your Jaelyn ever got together....we'd have big trouble!
    Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete