Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Photoshopping Teeth

We met with Dr. "Neal" this morning. He was really nice, but very young. I feel old (but not as old as Joanie according to Dan, huh??? :p). Anyway, he said he just wants to monitor it every 6 months at his check-up with x-rays. There's no need to do a baby root canal or any of the other treatments I've been researching. The tooth is dead, but the ligaments are doing their job of holding the tooth in. There's nothing that needs to be done right now to save the tooth. That also means there's nothing he's willing to do to help with the brownish gray color. He did say that sometimes the injury could be temporary and the color could change back kind of like a bruise, but since it's been a month, most likely it's permanent. My heart just breaks when I think of that cute little smile being messed up with an ugly gray tooth. The silver lining is that at least I know how to use photoshop so we can still have pretty white smiles in pictures!

The actual smile...
After help from photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea with the photo shop?!? We have the same problem. Our 4 year old fell while trying to skateboard on a toy car and hit his mouth. His tooth turned grey three weeks (to the day) after it happened.
    I too hate that my son's great smile is now filled with grey for the next couple of years!

    ReplyDelete