Hold me accountable, okay?
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
My Challenge
I have a confession. I spend way too much time playing on the computer, checking my message boards and email and reading my friends' blogs. The kids are happy playing by themselves and I let them. That's going to end. I'm not giving up my computer time, but I am going to start limiting it: 15 minutes in the mornings and an hour in the afternoons during rest time (hey, I can't give it up totally - this blog takes time and it's important :p). Anyway, I want to get back to a more structured, activity oriented day. I want to do arts and crafts again and spend time putting together puzzles. I used to spend hours a day reading with the kids. We do read, but not nearly what we used to. I want to turn the TV off and play more games. We've been coloring more and I even got out the finger paints today for Allie and Caden. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've been trying to cut back too. Hope it goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much time you'll find. I've managed to get in about 2 hours of structured homeschool time with Simeon + extra reading times with him since cutting my computer time. You can do it!
ReplyDeleteHmmm - but does that mean I "see" less of you? I might not agree to holding you to that ;)
ReplyDelete