Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crazy for Reading

Jaelyn had an assembly on Wednesday and she brought home a reading medal. She said only 5 kids in her class received one. To earn it, she had to read every time she was supposed to - I'm guessing that means doing her nightly reading for her homework. She's doing so well with her reading. She picked out Junie B. Jones has a Peep in Her Pocket to read with me today. It's the first chapter book she's wanted to read. Normally, she shies away from books with a lot of words. She finished the first chapter. I had to help here and there, but for the most part, it was all her reading. I never imagined she'd be reading chapter books by the end of kindergarten. I'm amazed!

BTW - The end of kindergarten has come. Thursday was her last day and she was so excited. I picked her up after school and took all the kids for ice cream to celebrate and I'll write more about that later. Jaelyn is so proud to be a big 1st grader!

Jaelyn with her reading medal.

Last day of School.
Jaelyn with Miss Cathy, her bus driver. Miss Cathy absolutely adores Jaelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment