Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oops, She Did It Again

I have a friend babysitting for me tonight and she asked that I get crafts together for the kids. When putting everything into the basket, I hesitated on the kid scissors, but put them in the basket anyway. Angie stopped by today and I was showing her were everything is. Allie must have heard me mentioned the crafts, because when we went downstairs to show her the lock on our back door, Allie got into the basket on the counter.

We were gone just a few minutes and came upstairs to quiet. Allie and Caden were in his room with the door closed. I found her sitting on top of his dresser looking in the mirror. There was hair all over the floor. Now, I've got to back up and say, it's taken her hair a year to grow out from the incident last summer (also 1 week before her ballet recital). She didn't cut quite as much (or as short) as last year. She cut the left side up above her ear so it looks like she has half a head of bangs. She also thinned out the back w/ a couple of layers. I can fix the back without any troubles and I can pull her hair up in little clippies to make the side look okay. She's been wanting her hair cut shorter, and I told her after the recital. She's dancing to "Good Ship Lollipop" w/ a sailor costume and her teacher wants Shirley Temple curls. I guess she couldn't wait. Unfortunately, she also cut 4 bald patches in Caden's hair. I just buzzed his head this weekend so there's nothing I can do to fix it except except shave his head and that's not an option. At least his hair grows fast. Maybe she was getting even for him cutting her ear last year.

There are days that I feel like such a failure as a mother and those feelings really flare up when Allie gets into trouble. Why can't I convince her to be good? I do love her free spirit, but it's frustrating at time. My friends have all been awesome and I've been reassured Allie is not the only one who gets into things. I'm not alone in my struggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment