I thought winter was never going to end and all the sudden we've hit summer. I think Spring was those 3-4 weeks we had the windows open. I was expected a longer Spring, but who knows, it might return. Anyway, we hit 90 yesterday and were forecasted to have a hot day today so I had Dan check the base pool schedule. It's been open for a few weeks now. We packed up after lunch and headed off armed with our sunscreen, arm floaties, duckie rings, nerf balls and a snack.
The pool was packed. We only went on weekdays last year and it was always empty. I wasn't prepared for that, but we still had fun. We divided our time between the baby pool and the big pool. The girls did great; although no one attempted to swim without floaties in the big pool. Caden trusted his floaties this year and was even jumping off the side of the pool to me. What a difference a year makes. I really need to schedule swim lessons for August.
Jaelyn had a little surprise today. There was a boy swimming back and forth where the kids were jumping to me. He was kind of annoying me because he was in my way and kicking and splashing me. He popped his head up one time and Jaelyn said "Liam???" It was one of her friends from school. I haven't heard her talk about Liam very much other than he's one of the boys she kissed that day (picture me rolling my eyes). Today, she told Dan that Liam is her boyfriend and let me tell you, he likes her. He followed us back and forth between the baby pool and the big pool. His mom came and got him several times to get in the big pool, but he kept coming back to where Jaelyn was. I wish I'd had my camera to capture the silly grin on her face. It was priceless...young love (rolling my eyes again). What am I going to do with her???
No comments:
Post a Comment